Terms and Conditions
The club has been setup to provide a safe, fun and social environment to allow all qualified divers from any agency to participate and ALL qualified divers are eligible to joint the club regardless to agency and then participate in any club event.
- It is expected that all divers, dive within the limits of their qualifications and experience.
- No Solo diving to be undertaken on any Club organised event
- Members should maintain an appropriate level of fitness and avoid being under the influence of alcohol or drugs when diving with the club.
- All Club members are to complete the Continued Education documentation yearly, which will then be placed on their file and to provide an updated continued education form IF any changes to club members health occurs since the last one completed.
- It is each individual club member’s responsibility to ensure ALL personal diving equipment is fit for purpose and serviced according to current UK legislation.
- All members accept that their own participation in any event organised by Dive Rutland or club member is at their own risk.
Dive Rutland Training Days
- Club members are welcome to join the planned training dates for students. All equipment will be prioritised to students prior to club members. On the few occasions where equipment will be in short supply then club members will be informed to allow you to attend site a little later in the day.
- Club members should ‘book’ themselves in for pool sessions particularly if equipment is required to ensure that all equipment requirements are met. Priority for equipment is given to students.
- Where equipment has been prioritised to students, club members will be informed. If only one cylinder is allocated (due to limited equipment available) then club members will be responsible to arrange for filling (second / third dives) at the local dive site at their cost.
- All club members are responsible to report to the lead Dive Rutland staff member when on site and to ensure that all paperwork has been completed, including but not limited to the Daily Dive Log sheets.
- All dives are to be planned in your buddy pairs. Dive Rutland staff are available for consulting as long as it does not interfere with their training.
- All dive plans are to be briefed to the surface support, this is for your safety!
- You MUST check IN and OUT of the water with surface support - this includes your air, dive time and your max depth
- All club trips are priced to run cost neutral, there maybe times after a trip where additional monies are requested or refunded i.e. Euro rate raises beyond trip priced at rate.
- Transportation of hire equipment will be charged at a nominal rate on all club trips (excludes Stoney Cove Training days).
- Dive insurance is the individual member’s responsibility on all Dive Club events.
- Places on trips will be on a first come, first served basis and will be offered to club members first prior to places being released to non-club members.
- Individual club events may be subject to a minimum age and / or other restrictions. Please refer to the relevant event for any further information.
- Complete an Equipment Hire Request to pre-book equipment you require for any club trip, equipment is allocated on a first come, first served basis
- Arrange to pack and check the equipment prior to it being loaded on the van. NB. the van might not be running for a club trip as it might be assigned to other activities.
- Dive Rutland reserves the right to vary the benefits associated with each level of membership. Typically these will be reviewed during December each year with all changes being communicated via email and Newsletter. Where benefits are reduced part way through a membership year, those benefits will still be available to members on the same basis as when their membership year began. It is the responsibility of the club member to ensure that their full benefits are received.
- Membership will run for a full calendar year from the date of joining. It is the responsibility of the member to pay membership subscription by the due date. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of membership and the loss of membership benefits.
- Club members who joined prior to December 2017 and are paying monthly, the failure to pay monthly subscription will result in cancellation of membership. Re-joining will result in paying a yearly membership.
- Members may upgrade their membership level at any time during their membership year. The minimum period for the upgraded membership is 12 months. Any whole months remaining for the existing membership will be pro-rated and credited towards the balance due.
- Members may NOT downgrade their membership level during the membership year.
- The discounts are available on normal equipment rental prices on equipment that is for the use of the member. The Rental of this equipment is covered by separate Terms and Conditions but persons using the school equipment for any diving purposes shall be responsible for the said equipment from the time of issue and any loss or damage will be charged for at replacement cost
- The discounts on purchased items from the Dive Rutland shop are available on equipment that is for the use of the club member only. Exceptions are where a club member is under 18 and items are purchased by the parent for that person.
- Discount will not be applied to ALL products, club members on requesting a price or purchasing products will be informed if discount will not be applied.
- Free Air Fills are for club member cylinders only.
- Training Discounts are available for training purchased by club member for their own individual training and on training delivered by Dive Rutland. Exceptions are where an under 18 is a club member and items are purchased by the parent for that person
- Blue O Two payments will be made onto Club member accounts after the trip has been completed and on receipt of payment from Blue O Two to Dive Rutland Limited.
- Commission payment for taking out Divemaster insurance will be made onto Club member accounts on receipt of payment made from Divemaster Insurance to Dive Rutland Limited.
- Club member annual Scuba Review and Rescue Review dates will be published to club members via club newsletter, email and Facebook at least twice yearly
- Processing of Master Scuba Diver Qualification will be completed if the club member has completed their Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver and all five specialities required for the certification Master Scuba Diver with Dive Rutland.
Version 1.01 July 2018