Tec 40 Diver
The PADI Tec 40 course is an entry level technical diving course designed to bridge the gap between recreational diving and full technical deep decompression diving. Certified Tec 40 divers are qualified to make limited decompression dives using equipment that is marginally more extensive than that used in mainstream recreational diving.
What you will achieve:
1) Qualification to make limited decompression dives of not more than 10 minutes to 40 metres, using a single decompression gas up to EANx50 to add conservatism to the required decompression.
2) Training in knowledge, procedures and motorskills required to undertake the dives.
3) Assure you understand the hazards and risks associated with this level of diving and tec diving in general.
4) Training and preparedness for reasonably foreseeable emergencies that may occur within Tec 40 limits.
5) A foundation to continue your training to Tec 45 and beyond.
The course includes Knowledge Development, Practical Applications and 4 Open Water dives. The course usually runs over three busy days with some prior learning requirements also.
This course may be undertaken with the following general equipment configurations:
- A single high capacity cylinder with a single valve + pony with minimum 850 litres capacity of same gas.
- A single high capacity cylinder with a dual valve.
- Back mounted twin-set with isolator manifold.
- Two side mounted, independent cylinders (sidemount configuration).
In this course you may choose to use the same equipment configuration that you would use for technical diving and courses at Tec 45 and beyond. It is recommended that use your own equipment for this course.
We have a range of technical diving equipment for hire for use on the course. Full equipment hire including technical gear, drysuit, fins, mask, dive computer is charged at £55 per day. Stage cylinders are available in 7 and 11 litre capacities. Nitrox may be used in both stages and back gas at additional cost. Open water site entry fees and transportation are not included.
You must be a certified Advanced Open Water Diver (or equivalent), aged 18 or over, with 30 logged dives. You must be a certified Enriched Air Diver, PADI Deep Diver and have at least 10 dives to 30 metres, 10 dives with EANx and 7 dives deeper than 30 metres.
You also need to have a Medical Statement signed by a Physician within the last 12 months.
Due to the nature of this course, a pre-assessment dive may be required. Qualifying certifications, older certifications or lack of recent diving may also require knowledge pre-assessment / updating. Please note there is an additional charge for this element where required.
All our open water diving is conducted in drysuits. You may wear your own drysuit, semi-dry or wetsuit. It is advisable that you are comfortable with drysuit diving prior to engaging in technical diver training. If you do not have experience of drysuit diving you may wish to consider undertaking drysuit training with us prior to the course.
Email or call to discuss any of the above information or to check latest availability and pricing.